Trips and Trails through Samsara

A journal of inner and outer travels, meetings with remarkable people, old and new friends, storytellers, artists, poets, tricksters, bicycle thiefs and people I love, starting in Nepal in June and taking me to where I don't know....

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sams's Bar



Kathmandhu has a hot nightlife. Whoever says the opposite is not telling you the truth. And I had a great time and have the worst hangover in the world now. Am looking a pharmacy where they carry Alka Seltzer. This is mission impossible in a warridden 3nd World country, almost like finding the Snowman or the Treasure of the Sierra Nevada. We started the evening with B54s - although no foreigner to spirits, this drink was so far unknown to me. They light it up and if you are not careful you can burn your nose easily. The barmaid was from Austria and looked like Hitler without a mustache. Her way of shaking a cocktail made me want to invade Poland. But she is very cool. Anyway, my Australian friend Kavi was so friendly to carry or drag me home later (I have a vague memory of dancing on a counter somewhere...) and I fell in a deep and dreamless sleep. In the morning the alcohol was still doing its evil work, because I called room service and ordered a big pot of "black pee with milk".

I think I should do some Yoga now. Or something.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home